-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Gray Ghosts: ROAD TRIP!!!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

ROAD TRIP!!!

So I'm in Napa Valley...
The land of grapes and shit.


I do like wine, don't get me wrong, I love me some wine. I could never live here though. It is dusty and dirty and nothing like home. Oregon is so clean and green and smells so, I dunno, fresh. I love to see new places and vacation and I don't mean to diss California, but let's just say I can see why ya'll are moving North!

The trip down was pretty uneventful. Left P Town about 8pm and got to Sonoma round 6am. Hotel room wasn't ready so I had to sleep 2 hrs. in a rest stop albeit a nice one. Calfornia do have some nice rest stops I'll give 'em that. Got my room, Mike went in to work, and the Oxygen idiots came. Of course they delivered the wrong type of unit. So here it is Wednesday and I am still calling their Sonoma office to get my goods. Slightly bitchy, yet still understanding.

The Hotel is GORGEOUS otherwise. I have taken pictures and stuff but I forgot my card reader AND my firewire so I have to go buy one tonight. There is a spa here too. I am going for a pedi and a mani tomorrow and I may do something with my hair. It is getting gray and needs some help. A colour weave or wash maybe, who knows. They also have like 30 spa treatments to choose from and I may have one of those as well!

I'll blog all about the place when I can upload my pics. Monday night we drove into San Fran and went to Pier 39 for dinner. I wanted Bubba Gumps! Mike always talks about them so we went there. I spent about $70 in gifts alone...sheesh. I hope we can go back during the day so I can take some pics of the city. Gas is like 60 cents more there. Christ on a crutch. How do you do it Stace! (Hope you come home soon, get ahold of me when ya do!)



I will upload my pictures tonight or tomorrow and tell ya more!

6 Comments:

Blogger The Mayor said...

Don't you just love San Fran!!! Ah, can't get enough, want to move there, I say! Did ya get a sourdough bowl yet???

2:37 PM  
Blogger DogMa said...

You are high...
Nice place to visit...but thats it man. Costs too much. Rediculous. No place to park either & you gotta drive a Mini Cooper. The roads here suck! No Sir, I would not live in California. We are going to drive up 101 though and I am sure that is just gorgeous.

We are going to go back into S.F. later and I am going to get my sourdough fix then!

3:01 PM  
Blogger CP said...

OOoooooooooooh. Hope you had oodles of fun. I admit that I didn't particularly care for California either time that I went. I did go shopping on Rodeo and that was fun, but it gets old fast. The best part of the trip was going to Haight-Ashbury (sp?). That reminded me of SoHo, New York. Will be back for your pictures, doll!

CP.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soooooo very jealous. I'd love to see Napa Valley one day and San Fran! Envious envious GRRREEEEEEENNNNNN even

7:50 AM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

I've had too much to drink so I'll just say I was here. Hic!

4:50 PM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

healdsburg is my favorite place in wine country, and "Ravenous" is an incredible restaurant there. I envy you this trip!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from lynseymom. Make your own badge here.


open mind : ignorance

Dogster Terror Alert Level


ORblogs - Oregon Weblogs Community