-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Gray Ghosts: I'M HAVING A BABY!!!

Friday, June 09, 2006

I'M HAVING A BABY!!!


Well...sort of.

'Bout as pregnant as I am ever gonna get! My little sister HooHa is having a baby! I am gonna be an Auntie! I am so excited, I can't stand it. She is happy, Potpourri her boyfriend is happy, my dad and step-mom are happy, my mom though...not so much.

See mom knows HooHa, better than HooHa knows her HooHa. She knows HooHa can barely take care of herself sometimes so she is very worried about her health. This made for a sticky situation yesterday when we told our parents. I say we because they wanted me there to ease the initial shock. My folks gave up on being grandparents a few years ago. What with me being sick and my eggs fried by chemo, I was a no go. My sisters health is poor too. She is a type 1 diabetic and has Graves disease (hyperthyroidism). She doesn't manage her diabetes well either. She gets put into the hospital for ketoacidosis twice a year or so. She scares us sometimes. Factor in pregnancy, and it gets dicey. Ever seen Steel Magnolias? There ya go. Yeah, that was 20 years ago, diabetics have babies all the time nowadays. Still...we worry.

So we decided to have a BBQ to break the news. Had the whole immeadiate family there. We thought we should wait until after eating to break the news, incase there was crying (the bad kind) or someone wanted to storm off (HooHa or Mom. Whoever couldn't hang). The time just slipped away, I kept kicking her under the table, she was so scared. Dad pipes up "Well I gotta get goin' got an early get up." I whisper in his ear "You can't go yet daddy, HooHa's got something to tell ya." So he hushes up and then she says "Well, I know you have been sayin' your gonna be grandparents (My cousin just told us she is pregnant too, they are close)and I just wanted to tell you, your gonna be grandparents for real." They were shocked and didn't believe her at first, then they realized we wern't joking. I thought my moms head was gonna explode. I could tell it wasn't good news to her. That sucked. I knew if it had been me, it would have broken my heart to see her upset about my baby.

HooHa was a champ though. Mom will come around. She is already better today. My folks are gonna be the best grandparents a kid could ever ask for. It is a high risk pregnancy, but it can be done. Bottom line is her health is top priority. We all understand that.

On a sad note...I have the Shingles for the 347th time. It seems like I get them every 6 weeks. I have a compromised immune system and any kind of stress be it a slight cold or just Mike coming home (haha) sets them off. They are caused by the chicken pox virus.Very interesting indeed... They friggin hurt like a MoFo. Luckily they are in a small patch on my outter thigh...could be mucho worse. I could have 'em in my buisness. Hey, it happens!

6 Comments:

Blogger Joel Conrad Bechtolt said...

I had shingles once. The Doc gave me darvocet and told me to stop being such a pussy. I took his advice (and all the darvocet that same night) and they went away. They were really gross, right in my armpit.

Congrats on being an aunt! If either of my siblings decided to breed, I'd call the shingle doc and ask for something stronger than darvocet, if you know what I mean!

3:02 AM  
Blogger The Mayor said...

Yay!! That baby is gonna be the most spoiled kid ever to walk the earth, with you as an auntie.

Shitty about the shingles...

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's to everything going well! Congrats - being an Aunt rules! You can give them back when they scream!!!!!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Nihilistic said...

YAY!!! Congrats to you!!! And HooHa of course!

Mom will come around just like Sally Fields did! And she will have the most spoiled Grandkid on the block!

I've never had shingles! No no no...I don't want them either...

2:33 PM  
Blogger John said...

Congrats, auntie!

12:05 PM  
Blogger DogMa said...

Thanks everybody...it's almost as if it were me. That is how excited I am!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from lynseymom. Make your own badge here.


open mind : ignorance

Dogster Terror Alert Level


ORblogs - Oregon Weblogs Community