-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Gray Ghosts: Cheez with my Whine.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Cheez with my Whine.

I got a touch of Cabin Fever.

To relieve it, I hopped of my scooter and ventured out of my hotel room today. For those of you wondering, my scooter is smallish, dark cherry red and black with a bit of faux wood trim. I goes about as fast as my fella can jog. I love it, but because I don't think I need it, I don't use it often enough. I am too young to need that friggin' thing. Today though I was glad I had it.

After Rosario came to clean my digs, I took a looong hot shower and got dressed. Then I wanted a drink, and I have to have ice, but I did not know where the ice machine was. SO I jumped on my scoot and toodled out my door first to the right for a bit, and then I turned around because I had been traveling a fortnight and found no ice machine. Past my room up the other hall and poof there was the ice room. This hotel is so fancy, they have a room for their ice machine. To call it the ice room is sort of an oxymoron because the temp in that room had to be close to 100 degrees if not more. I was afraid my ice would melt before I could get outta there. I got my ice, got back on my ride, and scooted home again.

This trip to the ice machine did not satisfy my need to roam so I decided to go outside. I tore off down the hall to the outside door and scooted out into the sun. BIG mistake, since I hate the sun. Bleh, too hot. So I drove outside on down to the main entrance and into the lobby. The couches and chairs were filled with snoots drinking wine and talking softly, and staring at me. I think one of them pointed even. I scooted past them giving them the bird and slid up to the bar they had sent up in the lobby. "White Zinfendel please, and fill the glass thank you." I got my wine from Hoots Mcgee who was wearing way too much rouge. (I didn't know anyone under 55 still wore it but I guess they do.) I also scooped up a napkin, unfolded it and filled it with cute little cubes of cheese and wraped it up and put it in my basket. Picked up my vino and flipped the bluehairs the bird again and scooted off back to my room.

The wine was sweet and good and the cheese fabulous...I just called and they have put it away for the night, but you can bet I will be back (maybe more than once) tomorrow night after the spa treatments I signed up for!

3 Comments:

Blogger DogMa said...

I know...but it is sweet and good and takes me back to Boones Farm.

To be fair it was 4:30 and I hadn't eaten and needed to be ready to go when Mike got home. Just sayin'.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

It's the wrong time of the year to come to Cali. It's too fucking hot right now. This weekend it's sup. to be 111 in my town. ICK! Thanks Global warming. Calistoga is a cute little town if you get the chance. Hope you enjoy California. I think people are moving north because they are wanting to avoid sales tax.

9:23 AM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

yay, wine and cheese, I am SO down with that. Now I'm starting to drool. Thinking - hmmm, what wine do I have in the house???

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from lynseymom. Make your own badge here.


open mind : ignorance

Dogster Terror Alert Level


ORblogs - Oregon Weblogs Community