-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Gray Ghosts: Date Night...

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Date Night...

Studmuffin surprised me with a hot date tonight!


What is my Italian Cassinova's idea of a hot date you ask?

Changs Mongolian Grill followed by a expidition soccer match at PGE Park! Not your idea of romance? Well, it works on me. Tomorrow our favorite favorite team (Italy) plays the stinky French for the World Cup, so we got warmed up tonight for the big game.

It was a gorgeous night for a soccer match. The Portland Timbers played an English soccer club, Coventry City. Surprisigly, the Timbers WON! It was tied and came down to penalty kicks and we out kicked their asses!

So we got this mascot, Timber Jim. He is a lumber jack on speed. He runs around with a chainsaw (SERIOUSLY) and saws a round off this huge log everytime a goal is scored. Here he is on his log, getting the crowd to chant one of their many fight songs.



My favorite chant of the night was "Your going-home in a Port-land am-bu-lance". The fans are outragous and quite rabid to be honest. I sat right above the rowdy section and half of the fun was just watching them! Many are drunk, they like to dress the part of soccer hooligans and they have horns and drums and flags and shit. It's quite a spectacle! I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I OD'd on peanuts and spent $15 on Diet Coke. We also had a peanut shell fight, it was so romantic. Here is the goalie carrying Timber Jims log.



Dinner was delish. I love me some Mongolian Grill. I especially dig the plum sauce. It's like sweet Mongolian Katsup. Mmm Mmm Good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nihilistic said...

Romance is anywhere in the relationship when you both enjoy just being with each other! I'm glad you had a romantic date!! You deserve it!

5:31 PM  
Blogger John said...

I like the spicy part. I just can't figure out how the Mongolians got the big propane table on their ponys when they went a-plunderin'?

7:52 PM  
Blogger Maven said...

I love Mongolian BBQ!!! Wish there were one out here...

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from lynseymom. Make your own badge here.


open mind : ignorance

Dogster Terror Alert Level


ORblogs - Oregon Weblogs Community