-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Gray Ghosts: My Hero...

Monday, April 10, 2006

My Hero...



Can I just tell you about my hero Nihilly.
I tried to find an appropriate song to dedicate to him, Mariah Carey's Hero, Bette Midler's Wind Beneath my Wings, something along those lines...but I stumbled on this Bowie gem so that is what he gets. The Wallflowers remade it. I never knew it was a Bowie tune, duh. Remember The Wallflowers? Bob Dylans son? Hottie if I ever! Anywho, back to my hero.

He added some stuff and moved some stuff and showed me how to do it myself! I GET IT NOW! (I think.) I'm so tickled. I got some bugs to work out. Somehow all my comments got deleted. WTF! I know. So comment on this lame post so I can see if they are showing up. No idea how that happened...I cherish each and every comment and to see them disapear broke my heart. By the way, if you don't have a blog of your own, and you dropped by mine, say HI! Don't be a lurker! Click on the comment link and type an anonymous comment and sign, or don't sign your name!

Well, nothing exciting going on...I watched Memoirs of a Geisha. LOVED IT! Just finished The Ice Harvest, love John Cusak. Cute movie, a little slow, but not too bad. Should get some new NetFlix tomorrow. I keep 5 of 'em in rotation. King Kong, Capote & Brokeback coming soon to a TV near me. Went to the Mayors house to see her get her new tatts. They turned out awesome! One was a pinup gal in a martini glass and the other one was dedicated to me! It was...well, I'll just post a pic:



I LOVE IT!
Check out her Martini pin-up Gal and the cerejaestrela (cherry-star) on her arm! FistCityTattoos!

So I Got alot of crap to do tomorrow. Phone calls to make, take the furkid to the vet to get her nails did. Wash the car (not me mind you). Grocery shop, butcher & produce. I keep the little guy in buisness. I like my specialty markets. Takes extra time, but you do get the best. My old man comes home Tuesday, must prepare for his arrival. SO...I better go to bed.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Bowie! Love it. And am equally enamoured with the rather fabulously retro tattoo designs...

4:44 AM  
Blogger The Mayor said...

Nihilly is the shiz, yo! Thanks for the shout, I'm glad you liked my "In honor of Dogma" tat!!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Nihilistic said...

Heh - boy that is some old school David Bowie isn't it? I'm glad you get html better! Awesome Tatt!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Joel Conrad Bechtolt said...

If you watch King Kong and are still able to send an intact DVD back to NetFlix, we can't be friends anymore!

Nice tatt art.

I dig your blog, it's a daily read for me.

(BTW: The Bowie thing doesn't work, it's probably just a Mac thing on my end, though)

5:56 PM  
Blogger DogMa said...

JC, why? Did you not like KK? Lame or too long?

BTW mister...I want that F'n enchilada recipe! Where would one find it?

I checked the Bowie video and it worked for me. I hate it when it doesn't work for you guys. Ruins my posts. It's his song "Heros" live. Pretty good.

GO CHECK OUT THE MAYORS BLOG TO SEE THE TATTAS I MEAN TATTS BETTER!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that was really sweet of her!!! You guys obviously have a great friendship and you must mean a lot to her!

11:10 PM  
Blogger DogMa said...

Well, she means an awful lot to me.
Not alot of peoples opinions I care about. Hers I do. Since I was 16 or so, I always worried about her and what she thought and how she felt. I always want her to be ok. I've fucked her over before and my life spiraled downward in shame and regret afterwards.

When my husband proposed, she was the first person I called. When I got sick, I called her to cry about it. When I get a new purse, I call her to brag about it. It's just comforting to know all of my enimies are her enimies and if I run out of gas on the freeway, she will come and pick me up.

And if I need a free drink, she is always pouring.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from lynseymom. Make your own badge here.


open mind : ignorance

Dogster Terror Alert Level


ORblogs - Oregon Weblogs Community