-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Gray Ghosts: An Inconvenient Truth

Friday, October 27, 2006

An Inconvenient Truth

This dude rocks...just-a-sayin'.



So I had a hot ass date tonight. My husband is outta town, I was feelin' lonely and frisky so I ventured out on the town with my good buddy Neal. He ditched his old lady and we rendezvoused at The Mission to see "An Inconvenient Truth", Al Gore's flick. Let me just tell you, it rocked me.

First I shall tell you about The Mission. I had never been there. It was very relaxing and comfortable. You get to chill and drink kick ass microbrew or any other spirit of your choice AND knosh on fine foods, all while watching your film of choice. Ingenious I must say.

Now the movie...

Brilliant I tell you. If you were not sure about global warming before, you will be after watching this. Fuck politics. This is not a political issue, it is a moral issue. "It is difficult for a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it. - Upton Sinclair" That is the only reason someone would say global warming is a "liberal myth". That or their blind sheep-like robot partisan bullshit beliefs. That kind of thinking is what got us here. THE PROOF IS DISPLAYED RIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYES. There is no denying it.

Please. You MUST see this. I am begging you.

WHAT IS GLOBAL WARMING?

Carbon dioxide and other gases warm the surface of the planet naturally by trapping solar heat in the atmosphere. This is a good thing because it keeps our planet habitable. However, by burning fossil fuels such as coal, gas and oil and clearing forests we have dramatically increased the amount of carbon dioxide in the Earth’s atmosphere and temperatures are rising.

The vast majority of scientists agree that global warming is real, it’s already happening and that it is the result of our activities and not a natural occurrence.1 The evidence is overwhelming and undeniable.

We’re already seeing changes. Glaciers are melting, plants and animals are being forced from their habitat, and the number of severe storms and droughts is increasing.

The number of Category 4 and 5 hurricanes has almost doubled in the last 30 years.

Malaria has spread to higher altitudes in places like the Colombian Andes, 7,000 feet above sea level.

The flow of ice from glaciers in Greenland has more than doubled over the past decade.

At least 279 species of plants and animals are already responding to global warming, moving closer to the poles.

If the warming continues, we can expect catastrophic consequences.

Deaths from global warming will double in just 25 years -- to 300,000 people a year.

Global sea levels could rise by more than 20 feet with the loss of shelf ice in Greenland and Antarctica, devastating coastal areas worldwide.

Heat waves will be more frequent and more intense.

Droughts and wildfires will occur more often.

The Arctic Ocean could be ice free in summer by 2050.

More than a million species worldwide could be driven to extinction by 2050.

There is no doubt we can solve this problem. In fact, we have a moral obligation to do so. Small changes to your daily routine can add up to big differences in helping to stop global warming. The time to come together to solve this problem is now –
TAKE ACTION.

Thanks for listening...

7 Comments:

Blogger Joel Conrad Bechtolt said...

We're doomed.

Till then, do this survey: http://straightuptruth.blogspot.com/2006/10/my-answers-to-meme-vesper-recently.html

I still owe you dinner...

2:04 AM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

I've known about global warming and been concerned about it since the 80s. It's sad that many people still don't know about it and don't do more to rectify the situation. Whenever I see a hummer on the road I just want to flip them off! A saying around our house when we leave lights and shit on is "Polar Bears are Dying" and the kids know what I mean and go turn the shit off! It infuriates me! I love your post. Though, I don't necessarily understand why it took Al Gore for people to hear the message. Isn't this the same guy who said he invented the internet? I have no idea what VPs do anyway...what is their point?

11:39 AM  
Blogger DogMa said...

Isn't this the same guy who said he invented the internet?

Thats right-wing slander. Everytime his name is mentioned to a republican that is what they spit out. Tell me where did you hear this? It was taken out of context and misconstrued to fit an agenda. Period.

EDUCATE YOURSELF ON THE TRUTH AND DON'T BELIEVE ALL THE RIGHT WING PROPAGANDA YOU HAVE BEEN FED...

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

I love ya Jules and hate to sound so harsh but eveytime I want to tell a republican about this movie they don't even want to hear it.

Global Warming is a liberal myth they retort. Al Gore is an idiot that thinks he invented the internet.

Typical bullshit hey have been trained to say by the likes of Bill O'Reily and FOX news.

THAT KIND OF PARTISAN HATE MONGERING IS GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF THE USA.

Big money loves it. They want to keep us apart. If the US is united we will see through their deciet and put a stop to Global Warming (etc). That means an end to their cash flow that is KILLING US.

Again I am sorry and don't mean to bash your beliefs Jules. I'm just frustrated about this. This movie got me real fired up. I am sorry...

2:15 AM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

I don't take it as bashing but global warming has been a known scientific fact for years and it's sad that most people don't acknowledge it or try to reverse it. Big SUV's and people who throw tons of shit away for no apparent reason. We are a wasteful generation. We are a "me" generation. EVeryone wants what they want and fuck the rest. I'm more a middle of the road girl myself (just cuz I voted republican) however, oh and I don't watch Fox News or CNN. I get my news from Reuters and the BBC. I think Al Gore's an idiot...if you got something from him that's great but you could have learned about global warming from my blog bitching about it for the last year.

1:10 PM  
Blogger DogMa said...

What do you base your presumtion that Al Gore is an idiot on?

Pray tell.

He's quite a champion for the environment and has done alot of good for our country in general.

I can't believe you think I would learn more from your blog about global warming than I did from this movie...Oh and I did not make this post because I just "discovered" global warming. We've been taught about it in school etc. since forever.

YOU would learn ALOT you already don't know from his movie infact and I hope you put your prejudice aside and watch it.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

I wasn't saying that you could learn more from my blog. I'm not that conceited....I'm just saying that I don't care for him and if he brings attention to global warming...cool beans...I'm just saying it's sad that this has been a topic that has been talked about for a super long time and just now it's getting noticed in the big media (not just you blogging about it, there's been quite a bit of news on it) and he's getting publicity. The one thing I do know about the Gore's is that Tipper was part of the PMRC and helped label albums which is good now that I'm a parent but when I was a kid I thought it was idiotic. I"m not bashing you nor was I trying to be condescending or throw digs at you.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

BTW: I don't know why you think I have beliefs that would cause me to take it as bashing? I haven't seen the movie but I do know enough about global warming to know how it works. I am assuming you mean Because I have in the past voted republican? I have also voted democrat and green party so I think you are assuming I am a dyed in the wool...nothing can change me republican. Nahhh...I admit my past screw ups. LOL. I don't like to point the finger at anyone but myself Not every republican is as you described just as I'm sure Al Gore is not the total idiot I assume him to be. heck, if he cares about global warming then he's ok in my book.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from lynseymom. Make your own badge here.


open mind : ignorance

Dogster Terror Alert Level


ORblogs - Oregon Weblogs Community