-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Gray Ghosts: Happy Berfday to ME!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Happy Berfday to ME!

I turned 31 today peeps...WORD.

They asked me what I wanted and I said flowers.

So, we went to the Swan Island Dahlia festival! They are the largest grower of dahlias in the United States. Dahlias are me favorite favorite flower. There are a bazillion varieties and sizes from 1 in. pompoms to 12+ in. dinner plate styles.

Mom, HooHa & Rhiannon rode with me and we met Patsy my othermother and my cousin and her fella there. Rewind and I rode my scooter around the farm and through the exibit hall taking over 200 pictures and picking out the flowers we want to plant next year.

There were booths with food and flowers and stuff. There was kettle corn and a beautiful koi pond. There were dogs, a gorgeous Ibizan Hound and a WEIMARANER! I didn't get any pics of the dogs, but here are a few of my favorites from the day.

(Click on the pictures to enlarge them.)

HooHa and my new baby.



Rhiannon looking sweet.









I will post some more pictures of my favorite flowers later...Cheaters is about to come on and I gotta watch that shit!

4 Comments:

Blogger Some Random Girl said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you had a great one! you deserve it!

3:36 AM  
Blogger DogMa said...

Thanks Jules & Melissa!

Yes they are HUGE. I have one called "Spartacus". 12 inches across, deep blood red and slightly curly petals. If you are interested, follow the link I posted and you can order them.

They grow like weeds and you will have more than you'll know what to do with in a year or two. The tubers multiply like crazy.

I will post some pics of the big ones tonight!

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dogma-

Happy birthday! I would have been so stupid happy to be at a dahlia festival. What a perfectly lovely way to spend a day. When will you come to dinner? Did you and Joel break up as blog buddies? He didn't say anything.

5:16 PM  
Blogger DogMa said...

No way Sara! Joel is my home skillet! My broham!

My oldman goes back on the road soon for the NFL season and I will be lonely then. I am saving my gourmet dinner voucher for then!

I will try to bring you some dahils then! (They have them at the farmers market by my house for cheap.)

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from lynseymom. Make your own badge here.


open mind : ignorance

Dogster Terror Alert Level


ORblogs - Oregon Weblogs Community